Monday, September 17, 2012

Color Club Take Wing Collection: Daisy Does It, Sparkle and Soar

Hi my sweethearts! So today, as promised, I have two other nail polishes from the Take Wing collection, Daisy Does It, a warm golden yellow with iridescent yellow and green shimmer/ duochrome, and Sparkle and Soar, a yellowed orange with golden shimmer.


1 Thick Coat
2 Coats
 
Personally, I think 2 coats is fine, but if you REALLY don't like bare nail showing, then go for 3. Also, doing thick coats with these are soooo easy, they're not goopy or anything like that, so thicker coats are actually really nice (:

 
Oops. Do you see the green shimmer?
 Okay, now here's the part where things get interesting:

1 coat of Daisy Does It over a plain black cream.

Blurred to capture sparkle!!!
 OH MY GOSH. DO YOU SEE THAT. omg I got so excited after I layered it, I don't think I'm ever going to wear this by itself again hahaha because it's not that flattering on my skin tone. Over black, the green sparkles really show up and are definitely more prominent. GORGEOUS.


Now, Sparkle and Soar.
1 coat


2 Coats

Again, over black. Just the way I like them :D, index and ring are two coats of Sparkle and Soar

Doesnt the orangey yellow remind you of thanksgiving? :3


Gorgeous polishes. Layered over black. On their own, I'm not too much of a fan, because they don't flatter my skintone. The formula was really nice, REALLY nice, very thin and smooth. Overall, I'm glad I purchased these because they would be sooo amazing for layering!
Hehe, thanks for reading guys! See you next time (:

5 comments:

  1. Wow, these are cool, so perfect for Haloween! Alone and over black!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That orange is soooo perfect for Halloween <3

      Delete
  2. WOW, they look amazing over black! I agree, they look much better that way :] Stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I wouldn't have thought to layer such an opaque color over black!

    By the way, I have nominated you for a Liebster award. more details here:
    http://polishmyprettynails.blogspot.com/2012/09/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing! I love layering polishes over black. I have a few Hedy's that I do this with and I love it.

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate every single comment! They always make my day ;3
Just, no linking to your blogs please! Those will be deleted because I visit everyone who comments, so no need to worry (: